"Lissa is a fabulous writer. Her work is always well organized, thoroughly researched and a great read, and she never misses a dealine or requests an extension. She's also incredibly personable and easy-going. I love working with Lissa and would definitely recommend her to editors looking for a reliable, experienced writer."
– Lacey Major, Editor-in-Chief at Pregnancy & Newborn
"I have worked with Lissa in one form or another for more than 10 years, and she is by far one of the most creative and productive writer/editors I have met in my publishing career. She endlessly amazes me with her ability to juggle a massive workload, while continuously producing amazingly creative, well-researched and thorough feature stories without missing a deadline. Over the years I have considered her an inspiring mentor, an invaluable member of my staff and a trusted friend. I would highly recommend her for any writing/editing position, as she is a consummate professional who rises above the competition."
– Julie Hostetter, Publisher at North Georgia Living
With more than 20 years experience as an editor and a writer, I am available as a freelance / contract writer, editor, content strategist, social media expert, project manager, and more. My services, as a solo consultant or a member of your team, include:
- creating an editorial calendar and assigning content to my network of award-winning journalists and writers
- creating and assigning content for new websites, existing websites, newspapers, magazines and small publications
- developing a social media strategy and writing and scheduling social media posts to drive traffic
- manage your newsletter, increasing traffic and subscribers, and sending newsletters daily or weekly
- review your content goals and needs and develop SEO keyword and meta driven content
- editing, proofreading, fact-checking and curating photography
- writing "snippets" such as attraction and hotel listings in destinations for quick content growth
- upload content and photography into your CMS system (also experienced with WordPress and TownNews)
- develop a Style and Brand guide for your site
As an experienced traveler, I have worked with many destinations, hotels and attractions. I am available to grow your destination visibility, including:
- develop a content-driven website and grow traffic to help travelers find your destination
- connect your destination with travel influencers who can share your destination on their platforms, including digital, social and print
- develop FAM trips to bring the right journalists and influencers to visit your destination and develop content to promote your destination
- develop a Style and Brand guide for your destination
I am available to speak to media on various travel subjects and have appeared in print, radio and television as a source.
I have spoken on the subject of travel at the New York Times Travel Show, the Philadelphia Travel + Adventure Show, and the TMS Family Summit. Please email me if you are interested in having me speak at your next conference or event.
I am available and interested in learning about new destinations, attractions, properties and anything travel related. I am open to receiving press releases, and I am available for FAMs. I am based between New York City and Philadelphia, so any media event invitations should be for one of those cities.